About this event
The Federated Conservationists of Westchester County invite you to join this momentous student-led event for youth engagement and climate action! This exciting opportunity will take place on the virtual conference platform Gather Town.
The FCWC Youth Climate Action Summit aims to engage students with passionate Youth Leaders who have become experts on Climate Action topics. Students attending the summit will also have the opportunity to network with established green organizations to learn about internships, volunteer, and paid work in the environmental field.
The FCWC Youth Climate Action Summit will be free for all attendees, held virtually, and hosted on a Saturday – ensuring no conflicts with instructional times and transportation needs. We hope students, teachers, and young professionals will all join us for this galvanizing event! Registration is free but required for this event. Orientation for Gather Town will be on Friday, April 1st. Links to the Summit and Orientation will be sent to registrants only.
9:30 AM – Welcome by FCWC Student Network Chair Bianca Jimenez
9:45 AM – Introduction to the FCWC Student Network by Dylan Klein
10:00 AM – Address by Westchester County Executive George Latimer
10:10 AM – Speech NY Congressional District 16 Representative Jamaal Bowman
10:20 AM – Speech from Erika Pierce, District 2 Chair of County Board of Legislators Committee on Environment and Energy
10:25 AM – Remarks by NY Congressional District 17 Representative Mondaire L. Jones
10:30 AM – Keynote Speaker – Caitlyn Carpenter: Co-coordinator of the Sunrise Movement & Organizer for the New York Climate Leaders.
10:45 AM – Youth Environmental Activism Panel:
- Riddha Iyengar – Scarsdale High School
- Shweta Nadagouda – Harrison High School
Panelists & Breakout Leaders (click link for break out sessions )
- Riley Hester – Fox Lane High School on Joining your Conservation Advisory Council
- Anusha Vaish – The Ursuline School on Insect Stewardship
- Caitlyn Carpenter – Mamaroneck High School on Youth Advocacy for Climate Policy
- Marisa Rodriguez – Westchester Community College Graduate on Native Gardens and Community Science
- Gabriella Mickel – Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University on The Environmental Law Student Experience
- Bianca Jimenez – Mercy College on Sustainable Food Choices
- Riddha, Sophia and Isabella – Green County USA 4 Part Action Program
11:30 AM – Breakout Session 1
12:00 PM – Breakout Session 2
12:30 PM – Networking in Exhibition Hall