Electric School Bus Info Session Open to the Public. Thursday, Jan 27th (1-3p). Evenbrite Registration
Let’s Go Ossining! We need our school district to talk about this.
Green Ossining is now partnering with a wider group of environmental advocates across the County as well as Westchester County to keep moving the conversation forward. This includes providing educational opportunities for the school district, BOE members, concerned parents and educators, and the community at-large. On Thursday, January 27th from 1-3pm there is an information session open to the public, with the hope to bring administrators, decision-makers and government officials together, as well as bring awareness to school districts about the need to decarbonize our school bus fleets (whether owned or outsourced).
There is some exciting news in NY State and opportunities that may make the transition easier.
- Governor Hochul recently proposed that all school buses be electric by 2035. It would also require any buses bought after 2026 be zero-emissions.
- $5 billion will be made available by the EPA over five years in a program aimed at increasing electric and zero-emissions school buses on the road.
- NYSERDA, NYPA, and the Education Department (SED) will work with schools to apply and deliver winning proposals.
- NYSERDA is directed to update the New York Truck Voucher Incentive Program to include only zero-emissions battery and green hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles as part of the school bus electrification program.
- NYSERDA will also work with schools to convert their fleet to electric.
Preregistration required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/westchester-lets-go-electric-tickets-230329500737