Hudson River Valley Greenway – Grants and Funding
- Grants work on a reimbursement basis, therefore the municipality or organization must pay the cost up front and then submit vouchers to the Greenway to be reimbursement. Documented expenses must be attached to the appropriate voucher.
- Greenway Grants are awarded for no more than 50% of the total project cost (for example, a $10,000 project would will be awarded no more than $5,000).
- Local match may be provided as in-kind services or other non-monetary contribution
- Mileage is not reimbursable but may be used for “local match”
- A work program for each phase of funding, with projected costs and an estimated timeline for completion, must be submitted and approved by the Greenway Council Board prior to the awarding of any grant funding
- If a project involves the development of a plan or similar product, final disbursement of funding will not be made until the plan is completed in final form and adopted by the governing body of the relevant municipality.
- Intermunicipal collaboration projects (those that involve two or more municipalities) will rate higher than single-community projects.
- Greenway financial contribution must be acknowledged and logo displayed on all work products.
- A resolution is required from the municipality in which the project is located
- Greenway Communities Grant Program: Financial assistance (approximately $5,000-$10,000) to designated “Greenway Communities” within the Greenway Area. Projects funded under this program include those that relate to community planning, economic development, natural resource protection, cultural resource protection, scenic resource protection, and open space protection. Applications due February 26, 2010, May 7, 2010, September 10, 2010.
- Greenway Compact Grant Program: Funding for municipalities that develop, approve, and implement a regional compact strategy consistent with the Greenway criteria and the Greenway act. Applications due February 26, 2010, May 7, 2010, September 10, 2010.
- Hudson River Valley Greenway Water Trail Grant Program: Assistance to launch and camp site owners to help implement the Hudson River Water Trail. Projects include creation of new launches or campsites, potable water, parking and restroom facilities, interpretive kiosks, and identification flags. Applications due February 26, 2010, May 7, 2010, September 10, 2010.
- Greenway Conservancy Small Grant Program: Funding for trail planning, constructing and amenities, historic landscape preservation, regional and local partnerships as well as many other resource enhancement and economic development projects. Currently unavailable.