- This event has passed.
Green Ossining Committee Meeting – Thursday 9/23
September 23, 2010 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Green Ossining Committee at 7:30 pm on Thursday, September 23, at the John Paul Rodrigues Operations Center (Armory, Rte 9A).
Ossining Green Committee –9/23/10 Meeting Agenda
1) Brief recap of July’s Green Committee Meeting
- Current status of Community Climate Action Plan
- Detailed Waste Sector Recommendations
- Approximate timeline for Plan
2) Initial Recommendations – Water Resources
- Comments and Discussion on Recommendations
- Commercial Water Conservation
- Household Water Conservation
- Stormwater Management
3) Next Steps on Recommendations
- Detailed Recommendations for Water Resources sector
- Initial Recommendations for next sector
4) Ossining School District Green Committee – October Sustainability Forum – Update (Dorian Burden)
5) 10/10/10 Climate Change Awareness Event with Transition Westchester & Environmental Film Series (John Bell)
Detailed recommendations for the Waste Sector as well as the initial recommendations for the next sector that we will review, Water Resources. Please review these documents and submit any comments you have on them via email.
Ossining Climate Action Plan – PDF Downloads:
Summary: These measures are focused on increasing household and business water conservation and conducting outreach intended to raise awareness of the effects of stormwater runoff on the environment. (Commercial Water Conservation, Household Water Conservation, Stormwater Management)
Summary: These measures are focused on minimizing the amount of non-recyclables entering the waste stream and maximizing recycling rates. They are divided among four sectors: commercial waste management, household waste management, public spaces, and construction practices.