- This event has passed.
February 17, 2011 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
The next meeting will take place on Thursday, February 17th at 7:30pm at the Ossining Operation Center on Route 9A.
The Plan is based upon the Green Committee’s work over the course of 2010 and outlines steps for environmental initiatives that the Committee can take on in the future.
1) Brief recap of January’s Green Committee Meeting
2) Community Climate Action Plan – DRAFT
- Concluding work and recommendations
- Further additions by committee
- Summary and some Consumer Info
3) Discussion & Planning – Earth Day Event 2011
- Recommend schedule Earth Day event for April 30.
- Conincide with Northern Westchester Energy Action Coalition (NWEAC) member communities “Zero Waste Day”.
- Combine resources, publicity, etc. and be part of a Northern Westchester Sustainability Day.
- Frame the “Earth Month” activities: Stash the Trash the first weekend and Earth Day Fair the last weekend.
- Speak to some OHS students on their ideas for Earth Day Fair.
- Marketing and Communications
- Sponsors and Donors
- Activity & Sub-Committee Chairpeople
The Green Committee’s activities for 2011 will also be discussed at the meeting.